Dental crowns are highly effective prosthetic restorations that can conceal teeth to provide an added layer of protection. Furthermore, they could be customized to complement your smile and give you the aesthetics you desire. If you are in need of a dental crown procedure, speak with your dentist for a comprehensive examination. Some of the benefits of dental crowns include the following:
– Dental crowns are extremely effective for weak or broken teeth that have suffered serious dental damage.
– If you have any teeth that require additional support in a situation where a dental filling needs to be placed, and not enough tooth remains, a dental crown can bind the filling and tooth together.
– Dental crowns are effective for covering up previous tooth restorations in the form of dental bridges, dental implants, and root canals.
– If you have any irregularities in the shape, color, or any other abnormality with a tooth, a dental crown can conceal it and provide the look you desire.
– In situations were no other treatment options can be used, dental crowns can be used and prevent the need for an extraction.
– Dental crowns have cosmetic benefits as they can be shaped and molded to your aesthetic desires.
– Dental crowns are extremely durable and can last two decades up to the rest of your life.
To make sure your oral health remains in superb condition, please schedule an appointment with Shirer Family Dentistry at our office in Aiken, South Carolina by calling 803-648-6400. Drs. Michael and Susannah Shirer will make sure you receive the dental crown treatments your smile requires.